HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS
- To submit photos online, click on the ENTER CONTEST tab above and follow the directions to upload a photograph of your pet along with up to 150 words describing your photo.
- Mailed photos should be sent to: San Diego Humane Society and SPCA, Attn. Photo Fundraiser, 5500 Gaines Street, San Diego, CA 92110.
- Please submit all photos for the "Make Your Pet a Pin-Up” Photo Fundraiser by August 31, 2013.
All photos become the property of the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA.
- The minimum donation for submitting a photo to be included in the San Diego Humane Society’s 2014 Pet Calendar is $25 per photo. You can submit as many photographs as you like.
- Donations are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. The San Diego Humane Society and SPCA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- All eligible photos submitted by August 31, 2013 will be included in the 2013 "Make Your Pet a Pin-Up” calendar, either in the collage pages or as insets within the calendar.
- Acceptable photo formats are .jpg, .bmp, and .tif
- Photos sent by mail must be no larger than 4”x6”
- Photos may contain one or more pets
- Photos must:
- be in color
- contain only pets (no people)
- be horizontal (landscape) format
- Any image that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, as determined by the staff of the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA, will be removed from the Photo Fundraiser
- Photographs may not be edited or altered (other than minor color, contrast, or sharpness adjustments)
- Photographs must either feature pets owned by the entrant, OR the entrant must have permission from the pet’s owner to submit their pet’s image.
CALENDAR PHOTO SELECTIONS
- The San Diego Humane Society judging committee will give consideration to all submissions for various prominent locations throughout the calendar: ten photos will be selected as full-month pages, three will be featured on the inside front and back covers, and several dozen will be featured as inset squares for each month. All other eligible photo submissions will be included in the collage pages.
- Participants selected as a full-page monthly winner will be notified and asked to provide a high resolution version of their photo, as well as a short biography of their pet, via email.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES
You can win special prizes by having friends and family vote for your pet’s photo. The top vote recipient will be eligible to have their pet featured on a full month page (specific rules apply; optional prizes will be offered).
- Once a photo is submitted, it will appear in the online gallery on the San Diego Humane Society website, and be open to voting by the general public. Voting requires a minimum donation of $5 per five votes.
- All votes are donations to the San Diego Humane Society and are fully tax-deductible as permitted by law. All donors will receive receipts for their contributions.
- All votes for photo submissions will be tabulated and displayed online.
- The photograph with the most votes (donations) at the end of the submission period will win the voting portion of the Photo Fundraiser.
- To vote, click on the DONATE FOR VOTES tab above and donate a minimum of $5 for five votes. Those votes can then be cast for any submitted photo in one-vote increments. Voters do not have to use all of the votes at the time of donation. When voters donate, they will be given the option of applying all of the votes to one photo, spreading their votes over various photos, or storing votes in their account. If a voter chooses to store the votes, voter can log in to their account using their ID and password and vote at a later time. All votes must be applied to selected photos by the conclusion of the voting period to be counted.
- Voting by mail will also be accepted. Votes by mail must be received by the San Diego Humane Society no later than 5:00pm PST August 31, 2013. Envelopes must include payment by check for $5/per five votes, the pet’s name and the participant’s name, and number of votes to allocate to each animal.
- The voting period will end at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on August 31, 2013.
- Ending time for the Photo Fundraiser will be determined by the host website’s server, which will show prominently on the Photo Fundraiser website as a countdown clock on the last day of the fundraiser.
The twenty participants that receive the most votes when public voting ends will be contacted by the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA.
PRIZES FOR TOP VOTES
The top twenty participants that achieve the most votes will receive the following:
1st Place: Your beloved pet will be part of a specially arranged photo shoot where he or she will be a "Model of the Month” for one of the calendar pages of the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA’s 2015 calendar* AND two tickets to the 2014 San Diego Humane Society’s annual gala, the Fur Ball. A PETCO $100 gift card will be offered to those who are not able to meet the specified guidelines for the photo shoot.
2nd Place: Your pet photo submission featured on inset frame of the inside front or back cover of the calendar** AND two tickets to the 2014 San Diego Humane Society’s annual gala, the Fur Ball.
3rd Place: A $50 gift certificate to the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA’s retail store, Muttique, and a basket of logo gift items.
Seventeen runners-up will each receive a San Diego Humane Society custom tote bag.
Additionally, all participants to achieve 200 votes or more for their photo entry will receive four free 2014 calendars by mail.
Prizes are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
*A new color portrait will be taken of one domestic pet by a professional photographer chosen by the San Diego Humane Society. The photograph will be taken at the Central Campus prior to May 2014. The featured pet must be a dog, cat or rabbit. It is this photograph that will become the calendar page. If this requirement cannot be met, the alternative prize will be substituted. The San Diego Humane Society will determine the month which features this pet.
**Photo submission must meet participation guidelines as detailed above.