pet is a web superstar! For just a $25 donation, you can help homeless animals
and showcase your pet to more than half a million viewers who visit our website
entry is only $25, and votes are $1 each (5 vote minimum). Enter your pet and spread the word to friends and family to gather the most votes. The 2015 Pets in Paradise Contest will begin on July 1, 2014.
All pets entered into the contest will be featured in a flash presentation on our website home page throughout 2015. The top three photos with the most votes will be included in the Pets in Paradise calendar. The pet photo with the most votes will receive the following fabulous prizes:
- Featured in the Pets in Paradise calendar
- Featured on the cover of our January 2015 Newsletter which is delivered to nearly 30,000 supporters
- Featured on our website with a billboard flash banner at the top of the page
- Featured on our adoption bags
- Pet Goodie Basket from the Hawaiian Humane Society
your pet photo (pets only, no people) today!
- The best pet photos are taken at the animalís height, so try to align your camera at his eye level.
- Pay attention to your back drop. Your pet is the star, not your busy kitchen or living room. Bright colors or open, natural settings work well and create a nice contrast. Photos that showcase the contest theme "Pets in ParadiseĒ are popular with voters.
- Pets with ID tags or showcase responsible pet ownership increase your chances of being included in the calendar. Just remember that photos with corporate or commercial logos are ineligible.
- Use natural light when you can as a flash can startle pets and cause the dreaded red eye. When youíre indoors, natural light from windows or skylights is the way to go. If youíre outdoors, aim to shoot early or late in the day or during overcast weather so you are not getting direct sunlight. At the least, keep the sun at your back.
- Keep the mood fun and use toys and treats to hold your petís attention and keep things exciting.
Christina Kam, Communications & Events Coordinator
Available Sunday to Thursday
Maria Glidden, Communications & Events Manager
Available Friday & Saturday