EnterSubmit your best photo of your furry, feathered or finned family member.
Choose a Rescue/ShelterChoose a Petco Foundation rescue / shelter partner to benefit from your fundraising efforts.
Win!Everyone wins! You, your pets, the shelter/rescue groups, and the Petco Foundation!
|Photo votes are $1/vote and all proceeds from this contest will benefit our rescue and shelter partners:
A full list of Petco Foundation shelter/rescue partners can be seen here.
|This year, for the first time, we have incentives to earn when you are able to fundraise to $100, $500, $1,000 and $2000 at $1 per vote.
Pets are family members who eat, drink, play and sleep with the family. They go on family vacations and are included in family celebrations. Pet birthdays and adoption days are often marked with parties. Photos of the pets sit on desktops and ornaments in their likeness bedeck holiday trees and decorations. Everyone has that favorite photo of their pet that they feel completely captures their personality - the one they showcase on their phone, computer, desktop, wallet or framed on a wall. Now is your chance to brag nationally about the special qualities of your furry, scaly or feathered (and hopefully adopted) family member.
There are two contests which will happen simultaneously:
- Fundraising Contest: Choose a Petco Foundation rescue/shelter partner to fundraise for (through photo votes at $1/vote). Teams that raise $1000 or more will have their names attributed to checks written to those partners. Teams that raise less than $1000 can be assured that their fundraising dollars will still go to reputable organizations. The top three individual fundraisers will win an additional matching grant of up to $5,000 to their chosen rescue/shelter. (Shelters that are not on the initial drop-down list can be added as long as they are on our list of approved partners.)
- Calendar Contest: 12 winners will be chosen from all entries by an independent panel of judges to be included in the 2013 Petco Foundation Calendar that will be sold in Petco stores nationwide. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the 2013 Petco Foundation Calendar will be used to assist the over 7500 animal welfare groups with whom the Foundation partners. The winners of the calendar portion of the contest will be chosen from adopted/rescued pets.
And this year there are even more personal incentives to bring your fundraising efforts to the next level! See the prizes tab to see what you can earn when you fundraise $100, $250, $500, $1000, $2000 or more!
Each photo entry enters you automatically in both contests. (See rules for specific information about both contests).
Photos must be landscape in orientation - that means wider than they are tall.
Photographs must contain only pets (owned animals) and no human faces
- Photos with natural light are best because you avoid the issues with flash. Open the blinds, turn on more lights or head outside if you can.
- Move in as close as you can without scaring or distracting your pet to really showcase how adorable he/she is.
- Try shooting from different angles. You never know which angle is perfect to capture your own pet's unique smile.
- Make the photo session fun for your pet. If you're stressed, they will be stressed too and it will show in the photo.
- Pay attention to what is behind your pet. We've all seen those photos where Uncle Harold appears to have a plant growing out of his head. Look through the viewfinder as you move around your pet until what is behind them is mostly a solid, non-distracting background.
- Pay attention to what is on the floor near your pet. If you're looking through the viewfinder and see a dirty sock by Fluffy's paw, kick the sock out of the way before taking your shot.